Sunday, March 16, 2008

Boston

It is my last full day in Boston and its Sunday...so we took our time getting up and then headed out for a fun filled shopping and final sights day. Amy & Lee posed on the subway.
We went for crepes at this very cute restaurant right off of Harvard Yard. They were delicious and then we were ready for a long day of walking.

I had yet to see Harvard Yard on campus, so we started there. Harvard has 90 libraries on campus, most of which tourists can not go into. We did stop to take a picture in front of one of the most famous at Harvard, the Widener Library.
Some other sights of the yard...including John Harvard himself. People rub his toe for good luck, just like the pope's in the Vatican! Even with the cloudy skies, the campus in amazing. Amy also wanted to pose in front of her building where she is currently taking a Boston history course.


Next we were off for more shopping and sight seeing at Harvard Square and Newbury Street. We had not finished either yesterday!
Curious George is a darling toy store which I now love. We visited there twice!

Black Ink is another corky store which I fell in love with. Lee trying on shoes at the North Face store.

Newbury Street where there were tons of high end stores as well as cute boutiques. Trader Joe's a staple of California also made our destination list.

We got very lucky on our way back to the house to get a glimpse of sun. It has not been out all weekend. I was super excited because I love taking sunset pictures and I was able to get one here as well.

We came back to the house this evening and Lee cooked a delicious dinner of mahi mahi and broccoli. Then we enjoyed each others company and even got a game in. We played a game I hadn't heard of Citadels, a card game with lots of strategy. I have had a great time hanging with my sister and her hubby. I am excited to get a little bit more of Boston in tomorrow and get back home to my other loved ones!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am super jealous! It looks like you had a great time, and I wish I was there... I should have been there... I will always blame my silly husband especially for this trip that I missed. :(
I am glad that you had a good time.