Saturday, March 15, 2008

Boston

It is Saturday morning. We awoke to rain and snow and pretty cold temperatures. We decided to take a relaxed morning and not rush to get out into the nasty weather. Lee made Amy & I a yummy brunch, then I snuggled up to read for a bit, Amy did the dishes, Lee worked on some art and we just hung out until we decided to brave the weather.

Once we got moving, we headed into Boston. First stop a gorgeous Boston library which actually looks more like a museum than a library. They had an exhibit of the maps of Massachusetts which was pretty fascinating. Most of Boston was swamp lands and a part of the Charles River until they dump landfill to make the ground more solid and usable for development.

A church by the Boston Library. It has the a beautiful steeple that is not actually attached to the church itself.

Then it was time for shopping. We headed to Newbury Street a very fun and posh district for shopping.


We stopped for a hot chocolate and warm cookie at the book store.

Shopping on Newbury Street.



Afterwards we met up with Amy and Lee's friend Emily for some dinner at a fun Mexican restaurant called fajitas 'n ritas. It was delicious!


Amy was supposed to be going to the Broadway play Avenue Q with Emily. Lee & I decided it would be fun if we could get tickets as well and fortunately we were able to for a reasonable price and Lee & I had our own box seats. It was so much fun. The play was very funny (although highly irreverent for those faint at heart) and the theater was gorgeous. These pictures do not do it justice.





When the play got out, given that it is St. Patrick's weekend and I am in Boston we stopped at one of many pubs in Boston for some cheese fries, sodas, and the atmosphere. What a fun day we had! I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyday just keeps getting better!
Your pics are great!!!
You guys look like you are having WAY TO MUCH FUN WITHOUT ME.
(hee hee hee)
I miss you all very much and I am looking forward to when I get a chance to experience to fun at Amy and Lee's stomping ground. And my trip would not be complete without a stop at the HARVARD CAMPUS...
Only 2 more days.. pack in all the activities you can!
HUGS and KISSES TO YOU ALL!
Mims

Anonymous said...

Everyday just keeps getting better!
Your pics are great!!!
You guys look like you are having WAY TO MUCH FUN WITHOUT ME.
(hee hee hee)
I miss you all very much and I am looking forward to when I get a chance to experience to fun at Amy and Lee's stomping ground. And my trip would not be complete without a stop at the HARVARD CAMPUS...
Only 2 more days.. pack in all the activities you can!
HUGS and KISSES TO YOU ALL!
Mims