Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lake Powell 2008

We are back from Lake Powell and man did we have a blast! I wish we could have stayed longer.

The pictures I posted earlier are better than any that I got myself, but I like this sight on the river, Camel Rock.

We left Saturday and slept in a tent and got up early Sunday to get on the houseboat and look for a spot. Josh and I were the "spot savers" and had a blast exploring the get beach and caves while the houseboat, speedboats, and the rest of the party made it down the lake.

The hike through Antelope Canyon was unreal. We had to walk through some major yuk and pass a dead bunny, but it was entirely worth the views we got further down.


The majority of the trip Josh was counting the lizards and was trying to get me to catch one. I was too slow on all my tries, but Tami caught one. Josh helped put the lizard to sleep by rubbing its tummy and then they attached it to my ear for a new fashion earring. You have to look close because the lizard blends right in with my hair.

The very tight Antelope Canyon that we walked our boats into.
Tami, Susi, and Kelly



We got up at the crack of dawn and went to visit Rainbow Bridge. It was a short walk and gorgeous. It would be so need to see it actually filled with water below it!
The crew: bottom to top Vicki Gus, Steph, Goose, Tami, Lisa, Joylynn, Deanne, Denice, Mims, Me, Kelly, Marilynn, and Susi
Josh was the picture taker for this one :-D
We played games...



Had our own water Olympics, water volleyball and basketball...


And of course played in the water! We had a great time. I love my friends!

3 comments:

Nikki and Kevin said...

What a fun trip! That canyon is a really tight fit! Great pictures and I love the lizard earring.

Notme said...

YA that's one of my very favorite places! Don't feel too bad. When I went to Rainbow Bridge 10 years ago, it wasn't near water either. bummer. So fun though!

areese said...

dude. when does school start for josh? you're much better at blogging when he's in school :) plus then i don't have to see all these amazing pictures that i'm so jealous of! i agree with nikki - the lizard earring is pretty great though.