Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Parties, Parties, & more Parties

December 22nd was a busy day at my household. There were lots of family and friend parties to attend to as Christmas day draws near. We started with the Reese's family party. All of my extended family got together from my dad's side for a Christmas brunch. We had a great time being together for the first time in a number of years. My cousin put together a Reese family dvd with pictures of all of us as kids, and our parents as kids. It was an amazing show and we were all in tears by the end seeing clips of my grandpa who none of us grandkids knew. What an amazing reminder of the importance of family and loving each other through think and thin.

Then it was off to the Hughes family Christmas party. Again, an old tradition resurfaced for us. We met at my uncle's ward to put on display our family talents. It was fun to relish in all the ways our family has been blessed. Because so many of us first cousins are much older with kids of our own, we fininshed with a reinactment of Christ's birth. All the kids dress in costume and we read the Christ's story from the bible. Memories! The adults this time around also performed some Christmas carols with chimes for the kids. We can be a bit unrulely, but we love each other!

The final party for my night was with some friends who I love. We had dinner, watched some BYU football (well some of us did), and celebrated a birthday. Nothing like getting everything done in one shot!

I am very blessed to have an amazing family and friends. Love you all!

No comments: