Friday, January 18, 2008

Its a BIRTHDAY vacation!

The birthday vacation for myself and bug started last night. My parents, Michelle, Josh and I left Salt Lake City headed for waves and sunshine, leaving the snow behind us. Roger and Carole, Michelle's parents, let us stay at their condo for the night in St George. Thanks Rog and Carole! We got to St. George at 11:30 and crashed. Today we got up and Josh was ready for the real deal. His camera came out early and was in full use before we even left the condo.

The drive was long but we had some fun along the way. My dad stopped in Primm Valley to ride the rollercoaster at Buffalo Bills. He said this ride had nothing on Wicked at Lagoon. He like the drop, but claims if you survive Wicked you can handle anything.My dad drove the entire way with my mom as co-pilot. Michelle, Josh, and I sat in the back. We figured out how to stay busy, well Josh & I did. Michelle slept the majority of they way!

We are staying the next few nights at the Marriot at Newport Coast. The place is BEAUTIFUL. The view is amazing and the rooms are great. We got settled into our new home and then headed down to Dana Point for some yummy Mexican food, a gorgeous sunset, and a little shopping.

El Torito is a staple in the Monsen family traditions. My family was lucky to be able to enjoy a fun atmosphere and what I have decided is the best Mexican food ever. It was delicious. Josh & I even got a birthday flan and song. The first on our countdown to our birthdays.
After our bellies were full & Josh made his first purchase of the trip (thanks again Rog & Carole!), a small bag of sea shells, we headed back up to Newport for a swim. Granted the weather in Cali feels amazing compared to the cold in Utah, but it still isn't warm enough for me to dive in head first into the outdoor pool. So Josh decided a swim in the tub would work for tonight and we would hit the pools tomorrow with the sun shining.


We finished up our night with a round of hand & foot with my parents will Josh watched a show. My mom and Michelle beat myself and Dad. Good thing we have a few more nights for a rematch!
No need to worry...even though we weren't able to be at the Red Rocks meet tonight against Nebraska, I was still kept up to date by Jordan & Heidi who were there watching the Utes.
The Utes of course pulled off another win 196.425 to 194.575. And of course I was there in spirit. Go Utes!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, now this post was just mean! I want to be at El Toritos in Dana Point, and shopping too. I hope you have lots of fun, and have great birthdays.

And can I just say, Mims...
Your hair looks beautiful! This is my favorite. WOW!!

We will miss you!